In the Great Lakes State, cold winter weather is ideal for the beloved and timeless seasonal activity of ice skating. Head to one of these popular outdoor ice rinks to test out your skills and enjoy the winter season.
- Campus Martius Park – Detroit
For a unique experience in downtown Detroit, visit The Rink at Campus Martius Park. The skating season begins with the official lighting of the Christmas tree in November and extends through mid-March! After skating, warm up with a hot chocolate in the Cadillac Square Lounge and take a peek in the boutique shops throughout the area.
- Buhr Park Outdoor Ice Arena – Ann Arbor
Buhr Park Ice Arena is an Ann Arbor winter staple that offers fun for the whole family! Stop by for open skating, drop-in hockey or rent the arena for a party. The rink is outside, but a covering and a cooled subfloor make this ice arena ideal even on slightly above freezing days.
- University of Michigan-Flint Ice Rink – Flint
This rink is not only an on-campus attraction, but also a festive and family-fun atmosphere. It is free to the public on Wednesday evenings, and Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
- Valley Court Park – East Lansing
The Valley Court ice rink is a pops up for a few weeks in February as a community outreach activity. The rink is free to the public, but you need to bring your own skates. When you’re done skating, a Biggby is located across the street welcoming you to warm up with a yummy hot drink!
- Rosa Parks Circle – Grand Rapids
Concerts are held here on summer evenings, but in the winter ice skating at Rosa Parks Circle is the perfect holiday outing. Every year this public space is filled with skaters of all ages eager to enjoy the beauty and charm of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Muskegon Winter Sports Complex – Muskegon
Pretend you’re an Olympic athlete at the Muskegon Winter Sports Complex. With two acres of ice skating and an ice path through the woods, this complex has some of the best ice skating opportunities in West Michigan. The Winter Sports Complex is also outfitted with an ice luge, cross-country skiing paths, snowshoeing trails and a sledding hill. Welcome to a true winter wonderland.
- Millennium Park – Walker
During the warmer months, Millennium Park is a beautiful reflecting pond where families can come to enjoy the warm weather. In the wintertime, Millennium Park transforms into a charming ice rink. This refrigerated outdoor rink has a number of special events during its season including a Santa skate, a Valentine’s Day skate and skating lessons.
- Petoskey Winter Sports Prk – Petoskey Area
For over 80 years, the Petoskey Winter Sports Park has been the hot spot for winter family fun. With a skating rink the size of a football field, the Winter Sports Park has one of the largest rinks in Michigan. Featuring a ski hill, sledding, two ice rinks, and a warming building, the Petoskey Winter Sports Park is like a throwback to a Norman Rockwell painting.
- Marquette Commons – Marquette
Bundle up and grab your skates for an afternoon of free family fun. Marquette can be extremely cold in the winter, but that doesn’t stop everyone from getting outside to have some fun. After spending plenty of time twirling on the ice, head to the warming hut for a break. Marquette Commons hosts ice skating Thursdays through Sunday from noon to 8 p.m.
- Moran Bay – St. Ignace
It’s not every day that you get to skate on one of the Great Lakes! Skating on Moran Bay in Lake Huron is a true Pure Michigan experience. During the winter, little league hockey teams use the ice as a practice rink and the bay is free for the public to use. If you end up in St. Ignace during February, be sure to check out the Labatt Blue U.P. Pond Hockey Championships
En el estado de Great Lakes, el clima frío del invierno es ideal para la actividad estacional amada y atemporal del patinaje sobre hielo, jugar hockey, deslizarte sobre la nieve, ski, o pasar tiempo con la familia. Dirígete a una de estas populares pistas de hielo para probar tus habilidades y disfruta de la temporada de invierno.
- Campus Martius Park – Detroit – Para una experiencia única en el centro de Detroit,
- Buhr Park Outdoor Ice Arena – Ann Arbor – es un elemento básico de Ann Arbor que ofrece diversión para toda la familia.
- University of Michigan-Flint Ice Rink – Esta pista no solo es una atracción en el campus, sino también un ambiente festivo y familiar
- Valley Court Park – East Lansing – La pista de hielo de Valley Court es una actividad emergente durante unas semanas en febrero como una actividad de alcance comunitario.
- Rosa Parks Circle – Grand Rapids – el patinaje sobre hielo en el Rosa Parks Circle es la escapada perfecta para las vacacion
- Muskegon Winter Sports Complex – Imagina que eres un atleta olímpico en el complejo de deportes de invierno
- Millennium Park – Walker – En invierno, Millennium Park se transforma en una encantadora pista de hielo
- Petoskey Winter Sports Prk – Petoskey Area
- Marquette Commons – Marquette puede ser extremadamente fría en el invierno, pero eso no impide que todos salgan a divertirse.
- Moran Bay – St. Ignace – Marquette puede ser extremadamente fría en el invierno, pero eso no impide que todos salgan a divertirse.